North Carolina Resources
- 1 of Us provides assistance that directly impacts the lives of women who are undergoing breast and other gynecological cancers. 1 of Us partners with UNC Hospitals, UNC Rex Cancer Center, and Vidant Medical Center-Greenville to reach patients with financial assistance for non-medical, practical needs. 919-582-9698
- Caring Community Foundation helps Triangle area cancer patients and their families with financial support basic needs while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Carolina Breast Friends provides education, encouragement and friendship during any stage of the journey for the breast cancer community in the Charlotte area. 704-370-7773
- Go Jen Go Foundation provides critical financial assistance to individuals and families in the Charlotte area who are battling breast cancer. They provide aid during diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
- The Helene Foundation provides assistance to North Carolina families with mothers actively undergoing cancer treatments through practical supports such as meals for the families delivered to the home, housecleaning, child care, family support and assistance with arranging transportation to medical appointments. 919-280-7800
- Hope Abounds provides patient advocacy, emotional support, financial support and educational opportunities for women with cancer; primarily in the greater Wilmington and Southeastern NC. 910-799-7178
- Hope Chest for Women provides resources, referrals, education on cancer prevention, community and financial support to women in Western North Carolina living with breast or gynecological cancers. 828-708-3017
- Alight Program provides support and resources to breast cancer patients and their families in the Greensboro / Triad area. 336-832-0027
- Local Access to Coordinated Healthcare (LATCH) provides services to uninsured and underinsured Durham County residents.
- Lump to Laughter provides spiritual and emotional support, as well as financial assistance to those diagnosed with breast cancer. They offer Angel Fund Grants, hope packages, new and gently used items (such as wigs, hats, turbans), workshops, and other supports. Serving the Wilmington/Wrightsville area. 910-617-4455
- NothingPink serves the Fort Mill, SC and Charlotte, NC region with an objective of increasing awareness of hereditary breast and ovarian cancers and providing personalized support for individuals at high risk.
- Sisters Network Triangle is committed to increasing local and national attention to the devastating impact that breast cancer has in the African American community. 919-490-1571
- Survivor Friendly boutique in Cary has partnered with Pretty In Pink Foundation to help distribute, free of charge, donated wigs, mastectomy bras, and prostheses to breast cancer patients and survivors who need support. 919-747-9336
- Susan G. Komen supports breast cancer advocacy, education, research and provides financial assistance for practical needs. Komen Breast Care Helpline: 1-877-465-6636
- Tickled Pink delivers complimentary fresh and healthy Cuisine Care Packages to single adults undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Cuisine Care Packages are coordinated with physician’s regimen and delivered following chemotherapy treatment. 919-386-9734
- American Cancer Society provides information and supports on diagnosis, treatment options, financial and health insurance issues, patient support and services, caregiver support and other resources. Their Road to Recovery program provides volunteers to assist with transportation to medical appointments. Call 1-800-227-2345 to learn what resources are available in your community.
- The Assistance Fund provides eligible underinsured individuals with financial assistance to cover all or part of the individuals’ out-of-pocket cost for the supported medications. 855-845-3663
- Breast Cancer Assistance Fund their mission is to help women who are dealing with the stress and anxiety of a breast cancer diagnosis and are in need of financial assistance or emotional support. 866-413-5789
- CancerCare offers free emotional support, information and practical help, including counseling, support groups, workshops, resources and financial assistance. 1-800-813-4673
- Hope for Young Adults with Cancer provides direct financial support to young adults (18-40 years) who currently are battling cancer as well as those who have been in remission for up to 5 years after their treatment. We provide this support to those who need it after a thorough examination and selection process through our “Giving Hope Fund” application.
- Kesem is a nationwide community that supports children through and beyond their parent’s cancer. The program provides free year-round services, Kesem Through, and Beyond Support provides children impacted by a parent’s cancer a continuum of touch points throughout the year. Their largest program, Camp Kesem, is a week-long summer camp is provided free of charge for children ages 6 through 18. 253-736-3821
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer connects people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. The Breast Cancer Helpline (formerly the Survivors’ Helpline) provides peer support services from volunteers with a personal history of breast cancer. 855-807-6386
- My Hope Chest provides financial assistance to uninsured and under-insured breast cancer survivors to help with financial cost of breast reconstruction. 727-488-0320
- Patient Advocate Foundation provides case management assistance, financial aid for co-pays, co-insurance and deductible assistance and basic living expenses, and other supports. 800-532-5274
- Patient Services, Inc. provides financial assistance to help women who are at high risk for breast cancer gain access to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) screenings. 800-366-7741
- The Pink Fund provides non-medical cost-of-living expenses to breast cancer patients in active treatment for breast cancer so they can focus on healing, raising their families, and returning to the workplace. 877-234-7465
Medication Assistance Resources
- NeedyMeds provides information on healthcare programs, offering direct assistance and facilitating programs. 800-503-6897
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need for free or nearly free.
- RX Assist helps educate about ways to use pharmaceutical company programs and other resources to help reduce your medication costs. Look at their database and frequently asked questions to get started.